Find AAI Underrepresented Scientist Members
Welcome to this listing1 of AAI underrepresented scientist members volunteering their expertise for roles as speakers, editors, advocates, board members, and other positions of leadership in the field.
To help advance its mission of enhancing diversity among immunologists and fostering the participation of underrepresented scientists2 in AAI activities, the AAI Minority Affairs Committee (MAC) maintains the AAI List of Underrepresented Scientist Members. It is a voluntary, online listing of regular AAI members, who have requested inclusion and attested to their underrepresented scientist status.
In addition to fostering a networking and mentoring community, the list serves as a resource for immunologists and scientists in other disciplines when considering individuals for selection as scientific meeting chairs or speakers, review panel participants, editorial board members, and collaborators in other professional activities. Given the importance of successful role models and networking in attracting and sustaining diverse participation in immunology, the MAC invites all eligible AAI members to consider inclusion in the list.
Eligibility for inclusion on the AAI List of Underrepresented Scientist Members requires all of the following:
- AAI regular membership in good standing (dues paid in full for the current year)
- Submission of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting inclusion and attesting to underrepresented scientist status and indicating the underrepresented scientist group with which the member identifies.
- Inclusion of one's professional web address in one's AAI member record&mdashto check or add web address, go to Check/Update My Member Profile
- Entries in one's AAI member profile designating the member's Primary Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise; these entries allow those consulting the List of Minority Members to identify colleagues by job emphasis and/or area of research/expertise.
Members wishing to be added to the list should contact email@example.com.
If you have appeared on the list previously but do not appear now, please check that you currently meet all eligibility criteria listed above. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 As an "opt in" list, this list does not necessarily include all AAI members who are underrepresented scientists.
2 Scientists from racial and ethnic groups that have been shown by the National Science Foundation to be underrepresented in health-related sciences on a national basis.Groups include: African Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (including Alaska Natives); and Natives of the U.S. Pacific Islands (Hawaii, Guam).
You may view the AAI List of Minority Members in two ways.
- An Alphabetical Listing. (Note: this is a select list, not a list of ALL underrepresented scientist members of AAI. Members wishing to be added to the list should contact email@example.com.)
- By Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise. Enter your search criteria below to search for a speaker with the selected Primary Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise