Find Minority AAI Members
Welcome to this listing1 of AAI minority members volunteering their expertise for roles as speakers, editors, advocates, board members, and other positions of leadership in the field.
To help advance its mission of enhancing diversity among immunologists and fostering the participation of underrepresented minority (URM) scientists2 in AAI activities, the AAI Minority Affairs Committee (MAC) maintains the AAI List of Minority Members. It is a voluntary, online listing of AAI minority members, ranging from established investigators to trainees, who have requested inclusion and attested to their URM status.
In addition to fostering a networking and mentoring community, the list serves as a resource for immunologists and scientists in other disciplines when considering individuals for selection as scientific meeting chairs or speakers, review panel participants, editorial board members, and collaborators in other professional activities. Given the importance of successful role models and networking in attracting and sustaining minority participation in immunology, the MAC invites all eligible AAI members to consider inclusion in the list.
Eligibility for inclusion requires all of the following:
- AAI membership in good standing (dues paid in full for the current year)
- Submission of the List of Minority Members form requesting inclusion and attesting to underrepresented minority status
- Inclusion of one's professional web address in one's AAI member record--to check or add web address, go to Check/Update My Member Profile
- Entries in one's AAI member profile designating the member's Primary Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise; these entries allow those consulting the List of Minority Members to identify colleagues by job emphasis and/or area of research/expertise.
To be added, complete the List of Minority Members form and submit it by email to email@example.com or fax it to Michael Cuddy at (301) 634-7887.
If you have appeared on the list previously but do not appear now, please check that you currently meet all eligibility criteria listed above. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 As an "opt in" list, this list does not necessarily include all AAI members who are underrepresented minority scientists.
2 As defined by eligibility to participate in the Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC) Program of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), NIH. Eligible groups include: African Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (including Alaska Natives); and Natives of the U.S. Pacific Islands (Hawaii, Guam).
You may view the list in two ways.
- An Alphabetical Listing. To view an alphabetical listing of all AAI minority members on this list, click here. (Note: this is a select list, not a list of ALL minority members of AAI. Members wishing to be added to the list should contact email@example.com.)
- By Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise. Enter your search criteria below to search for a speaker with the selected Primary Job Emphasis and Area of Research/Expertise